The son-in-law hunts and got himself a nice buck. I want him to use all the meat so he gives me some. This deer gave me ground venison and stew meat. So I made a stew.
Stews are simply soups with larger cuts of meat and vegetables and less liquid. They are super simple to make especially when using a crockpot.
- a pound (?) or packet of meat cut into stew sized chunks
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery cut into chunks
- 6 small potatoes cut into chunks
- 6 parsnips cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion cut into chunks
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water or more to almost cover
- 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
Throw all this into the crockpot and cook on low for 8-9 hours. Voila!