More cooking with Jacques! So salads are not just greens in dressing. This recipe sounded interesting and as I had most of the ingredients on hand I made it.
- 1 can (15 ounces) small white beans, drained
- about 2 ounces of bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons malt vinegar (I ran out of balsamic)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Fry up the bacon in cast iron skillet and then add the onion and garlic. Add the beans and stir to warm. Blend the rest of the ingredients together and toss together. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Fresh parsley is better than dried. I was able to add fresh parsley to the leftovers. This would be fabulous with fresh spinach mixed into it. It was yummy. And a few days later I mixed up the dressing by itself to use with a green salad.