I’ve been on vacation camping in the Adirondacks, but I am back home. No more camping until next year.:(
Anyway, I was flipping back through the pages of my big French Feasts cookbook to look for the Breton Butter Cake to make to take on vacation when meeting up with my sister. I wanted her and her husband to taste this creation. I find a recipe that is cake AND a filled cake at that. Is this the real French butter cake? I’ll have to make it and find out. The ingredients are basic cake.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light rum
- 1 egg yolk for brushing on top
- filling of pastry cream or jam; I used about 1 cup blackberry/blueberry preserves
Whisk the eggs and sugar until pale and thick. I did this with the KitchenAid stand mixer. Whisk the flour with the baking powder.