Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
- green salad (every item green) dressed with lime juice and olive oil
- grilled steak
- baked sweet potatoes
- homemade rolls
- mashed potatoes
- autumn mixed-grains bake with butternut squash and cranberries
- quinoa salad with dried apricots
- sauteed mushrooms and onions in butter and red wine
- rainbows sprinkles birthday cake from a box mix for the 4 year old and the 34 year old
- vanilla ice cream with real ingredients anyone would recognize
- tofu chocolate pudding for the dairy-free
- pumpkin pie (the Betty Crocker standard)
- apple pie with an oatmeal crumb topping
- whipped cream freshly whipped from a carton of whipping cream (the bowl and whisk kept in the freezer beforehand)
I am thankful that we have enough food, actually more than enough. I am humbled that through my church I can take part in feeding hungry people a spaghetti dinner every week. I am thankful that my son and daughter were home to join us for the pre-Thanksgiving Wednesday feast this year. I am thankful for a loving Hubby, our home and our neighbors, our jobs, and our pets Leo and Squeaky.
I am thankful for all you who read my blog. I am thankful to get to know a little bit of each of you by reading yours.
And there are many more blessings I am thankful for. I will try to be grateful each day.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all.