I threw a side dish together one evening after work. I thought we needed something in addition to whatever we were eating from the grill. I also had this spare cob of corn. Most likely the main dish was grilled chicken with a dry rub and finished with sauce but it could have been cheeseburgers or grilled Italian sausages. This dish turned out very tasty and the leftovers were perfect to take to work for lunch.
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- chop a small onion
- dice a few small peppers
- blanch one ear of corn; cut kernels from cob
- chop a few jalapeno peppers, as many as you like for “heat”
- cook your quinoa; I found this “boil in bag” recently and think it is a fabulous thing. Cook as much for how many servings you would like.
- dice some grape tomatoes
- make a lemon or lime vinegrette
- chop some cilantro
Mix all of the above together. Initially it is tepid due to the warmth of the cooked quinoa but this does not detract from the deliciousness. Leftovers are cold and are just as delicious.